Saturday, September 15, 2012

Drink Like An American! - Wait, What?

Today must be a football game day -- I haven't checked -- or maybe it's just the weekend, with nice weather after a chill yesterday.  Whatever the reason, the streets were full of college drunks before noon.  I began to notice a lot of the kids were wearing red t-shirts and tank tops advertising the biggest student bar (at least two downtown locations!).  On the front were the bar's initials, KoK, with an American flag pattern stenciled over them; on the back, "Drink Like An American Today!", also with the flag design superimposed on it.  I should have tried to get a picture, and if I do later, I'll add it to this post.  But you get the idea.  I know there are bigger things in the world, or even in Bloomington, to be depressed about, but I felt this deserved a mention.