Tuesday, June 12, 2012

This Too Shall Pass

I just looked at the archive for June of last year, and it made me feel a little better.  I thought I remembered hitting the wall at around the same time last year, and I was right: In May 2011 I did 30 posts; in July 2011 I did 27; in June 2011 I did 12.  I can remember feeling like the same frustration I'm feeling now.  This time around I'm bogged down in a long post that I've been working on for several days that I can't make work.  Yet it seems too important to abandon.  Nor am I being distracted by other topics, as I usually would be.

One of the good things about getting old is that stuff like this doesn't scare me.  I'm not afraid this slump will last forever.  I'll keep beating my head against the post I'm stuck in, or I'll think of something else to write about, or something, but it will pass.  I've probably been wasting energy writing comments elsewhere, but that's okay too.  Sometimes a comment turns into a blog post.


I'm still here, in other words, just ruminating.  Things will pick up when it's time.  Hell, I'm retired, I don't have to work!  Have a good week, everybody.