Friday, October 22, 2010

Stupid Quotations of the Day

O Cthulhu, I don't feel like writing tonight, and I need to finish reading Cordelia Fine's very helpful book Delusions of Gender: How Our Minds, Society, and Neurosexism Create Difference (Norton, 2010). But here are some gems from the Favorite Quotations field of a friend of a friend on Facebook:
(1)Why is it that our children can't read a Bible in school, but they can in prison?
(2)Bumper sticker of the year: 'If you can read this, thank a teacher and, since it's in English, thank a soldier.'
(3)How come we choose from just two people to run for president and over fifty for Miss America ?
No wonder this country is in trouble. Especially if you juxtapose Number 2 with this.

P.S. On the other hand, someone else had this in his Favorite Quotations:
Remember the Good Ol Days? When times were bad?

No amount of money could pay me to give up the memories of then,
No amount of money could pay me to go back and live it again
I actually agree. This guy claims to be a Republican. I don't believe him.