Saturday, October 30, 2010

How I Spent My Saturday Night

... working at the dorm Halloween Dance. This is something I've done for a good many years now, and it's not out of the kindness of my heart (I'll clear about $100 in overtime), but it's not drudgery either. I know the people (though not as well as I did in the past) and like them for the most part, and it is better than sitting at home slaving over a hot computer. The students do the decoration, setup and music; my job is to keep them supplied with lemonade and water, and do the cleanup afterward. The student organizers move the tables and chairs back into place, and I and one other worker do the rest. This is the dining hall, so it has to be ready to serve meals the next morning.

This year's theme was Sweeney Todd, as you can see.

And then we cleaned up and I went home and went to sleep. The end.