Monday, February 15, 2010

Battered USA Still in Hands of Democrats

Sam Wurzelbacher, aka "Joe the Plumber," has found a new hook to try to claw his way back into the media spotlight: he's attacking John McCain for "using" him in the 2008 campaign.
"He really screwed up my life is how I look at it ... McCain was trying to use me," Wurzelbacher said. "I happened to be the face of middle Americans. It was a ploy."
I'm not sure this ploy will do much for him -- it hasn't helped Sarah Palin much (via) -- but it is entertaining. The usage was mutual, after all; it enabled a right-wing white guy with no apparent qualifications to cadge himself a number of paying gigs even after his candidate was defeated, including a trip to Israel (via).

"I happened to be the face of middle Americans" -- priceless.

(This post's title is a slight modification of a Washington Post headline from January 2009 about Gaza and Hamas, and very possibly the Post would agree with my version.)